"It is within our families that we learn unconditional love, which can come to us and draw us very
close to God's love. It is within families that values are taught and character is built,"

-Elder M. Russell Ballard

Friday, June 1, 2012

FPP: Parenting Principles



This week in our class we discussed parenting and its purpose. Parenting is such a powerful subject. As a parent I have to admit that it is hard. It is not easy. After you have a child everything changes. Your priorities are not the same and you become more selfless. There is little sleep, little time for yourself and tiredness. Parenting is the greatest gift that Heavenly Father has given us.


Heavenly Father has a great plan for each one of us. I remember when I got pregnant with Lea, I received many comments such as “You are too young” or “How are you going to do it”. I have to admit that I am a young mom. I had Lea at 19. You know what… I could have waited until we were done with school, but Heavenly Father had something greater for me.  Lea is such a great blessing in our lives. I do not regret it.  The great thing about being a young mom is that I’ll be done having children by age 26. Isn’t that great?!!


How was I going to do it? I don’t really know. Everything came together perfectly. I am going to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in what I love and my relationship with Jason had grown. I I know that we couldn’t have done it without Heavenly Father’s help. I know that He was there every step of the way. He truly does love each one of us and I have seen His works in my daily life.

I believe it is important to talk to your spouse and determine what kind of parents you want to be. He or she may have a different view and it is essential to address those before. I have to admit that being parent is not easy, but I promise that if you work together with your spouse it will be much better.

Once you get married the next big step is to try to have children. Sometimes it is a longer process. Getting pregnant does take time. In some cases you’ll get pregnant right away, but most of the time it will take lots of fun/ tries  (If you know what I mean) lol. Heavenly Father does love you. He cares about you, He knows your needs and knows you better than you know yourself.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I am having a blast here in sunny California. I can’t wait to post pictures of all the fun :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this post :) Thx for sharing! You're such a great mom, glad we got to see you guys this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britt!!! We had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post! You two are such great parents. And that little Lea is a doll :)

    ReplyDelete