"It is within our families that we learn unconditional love, which can come to us and draw us very
close to God's love. It is within families that values are taught and character is built,"

-Elder M. Russell Ballard

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

FPP: Marriage

For one of my classes, I have to do project about the family unit. I have decided to write a blog post every week on the subject that we are discussing in class that week. I think it is important for my friends and family to learn what I am learning.

This week, I want to share a video that we watched in class. It only 5 min. It is about marriage and how marriage is viewed today.




We all know that marriage is not easy.  President Spencer W. Kimball said,

 “While marriage is difficult, and discordant and frustrated marriages are common, yet real, lasting happiness is possible and marriage can be more an exultant than human mind can conceive. This is within the reach of every couple, every person.”

Sometimes we go through trials and think that we can’t do it, but we can. We have to work together as a unit to make it work. You can’t just have one spouse work at it and the other just sit there and do little or nothing. It won't work that way! That is where humility comes in. We have to humble ourselves to work together to achieve the things that will make the marriage work.

It is important to make sure that intimacy is involved in marriage. Not just sex (although, it is fun and that is how you make babies), but emotional intimacy is so important. We have to be friends with our spouse. Share the little things that happen to us during the day and make connections with what the things that your spouse say to you. Our spouses need to know that we care about the little things. We need to communicate and be an active listener. Don’t just agree, but talk back. Communicate your thoughts and opinions.

Many of us have heard that we all have different “love maps”. We have to find out our spouse's love map. Some people like when their spouse gives them gifts, other like when their spouse serves them, etc. It is important that our spouse knows our love map. If they don’t know our love map then we won’t be satisfied with our relationships. Sometimes it is embarrassing or upsetting to tell your spouse what you what you need... But you have to do it, if not you wont be happy.

--Well... That’s it for this week. I probably have lots of spelling error, but It’s ok. I just want to get my point across... I hope you enjoy it :)


** I just have to say that I love my husband. He is the best**

No comments:

Post a Comment