"It is within our families that we learn unconditional love, which can come to us and draw us very
close to God's love. It is within families that values are taught and character is built,"

-Elder M. Russell Ballard

Monday, October 17, 2011

Leiahna's Blessing

We went down to Oregon for Leiahna's Blessing. We figured it would be easier for everyone to go there instead of coming up to cold Rexburg. That was a very busy week! But it was so much fun. Baby lea looked beautiful in her white dress. She is a doll!! I can't wait for her to grow up. 










Baby Lea's first airplane ride

 Delivery Story


I noticed that before I didn't mention that she was born Friday, September 16th at 1:28am. She weighed 6 lbs. and 14 oz.  and 19 inches.  She was only 4 days early. The delivery was around 7 hours. I started having contractions about 1 to 2 min apart while I was eating dinner. At first I didn't want to go to the hospital, so I took a shower but they were getting worse. I got to the hospital and I was only one centimeter and I was completely effaced, so they decided to brake my water. The funny part was that the next morning I was supposed to get induced. Well the doctor told our families that it usually takes about an hour for each centimeter. I was only one, so it would take around 9 hours for me to be dilated all the way. The doctor told them that they should go home. I was still having contractions about every minute. By the way, at first, contractions are not supposed come that fast until you are almost complete!! The pain was so bad, that I told jason I wanted an epidural. The nurse said that I needed to wait until I was 3 centimeters. In my mind I was thinking Ok I can do two more hours. An hour later she came to check me, I was already 3 centimeters. The epidural was amazing. I could still feel my contractions that were still every minute, but I felt so much better. By the way I didn't feel the needle from the epidural because I was having a contraction when it was happening. So after that, maybe three hours later, the nurses come to check on me. Everyone had left by then and I was complete!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I was so excited. Jason called his parents and mine. The nurses helped me push for an hour before calling the doctor. When the doctor came I only push a few times and Leiahna came into this world!!! It was such a great experience!! Jason was so supportive. I was so proud of him! I was scared that he was going to faint, but he did great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment